“Online Teaching Tips” from Rebecca – a new blog series
SERIES | REBECCA’S ONLINE TEACHING TIPS
Today I started a thing. I am new to blogging on any regular basis but there is an immediate need for WSU faculty to move their in-person classes to 100% online and I happen to have some expertise in this area. I am not an expert by any stretch, but I do have more than six years of experience building and managing online courses. So in response to this need, I created a series called Online Teaching Tips as a place I can share some of this knowledge I have picked up over the years.
My tips will inherently be more practical that pedagogical and my emphasis will focus on the needs of WSU faculty and students vs. the general public. I will include references to expert resources, best practices, tips and techniques in various subject areas with the goal of providing quick, digestible, and immediately applicable tips.
I will primarily share my posts on my personal Twitter page so feel free to follow me @RLCooney for the latest.
WSU Academic Outreach & Innovation Resources:
- AOI Readiness Assessment
- AOI’s Tool Kit for Extended Distance Delivery
- AOI Distance Delivery Tips Blog
- On-demand AOI support Monday-Friday 9 a.m.-3 p.m via Zoom, and in-person in Spark 102 (Pullman campus). Learn more about how the AOI Learning Innovations team can support you
Other resources you can bookmark:
- Zoom’s blog “education” category
- Panopto blog “distance learning” category
- Panopto blog “lecture capture” category
- Chronicle of Higher Education “online teaching” resources
REBECCA L. COONEY, MS
Clinical Associate Professor, Strategic Communication
The Edward R. Murrow College of Communication
Director, Murrow Online Programs
Research Associate, Center of Excellence for Natural Product-Drug Interaction Research (NaPDI)