A showcase of student work in COMSTRAT 310 Fall 2021
COMSTRAT 310 Digital Content Promotion is a digital campaigns course in the strategic communication degree program at The Edward R. Murrow College of Communication at Washington State University. The main goal of this course is to introduce students to key ideas, principles, and tactics for writing for digital content, creating and executing a digital campaign, and understanding core concepts in tracking and measuring the effectiveness of digital communications. All campaigns are created in teams of 5-6 students and represent advocacy initiatives in areas such as mental health, travel, sustainability, health and wellness, and fashion.
Teams work together throughout the semester to:
- Conceptualize an initiative or product idea they are passionate about
- Complete a situational Conceptualize an initiative or product idea they are passionate about
- Complete a situational analysis + create brand identity and core messaging
- Build a website with SEO and Google Analytics integration
- Create accounts and manage content for 2 social channels
- Design and implement test campaign + 2 live campaigns that include social media, blogs, email, Google AdsMonitor, track, and report throughout semester
Semester-Long Project Phases:
- Part 0: Team Se
- Part 1: Project Foundation and Brand
- Part 2: Initial Setup of Website and Social Channels
- Part 3: Social Media Style Guide
- Part 4: Campaign #1
- Part 5: Campaign #2
- Part 6: Final Showcase
Example: Team VanVenture
VanVenture is dedicated to providing resources, ideas, and connections to individuals interested in living a van life. We help users find renovated vans, services for customizing vans, DIY resources and videos, and connections for van rentals. We are based in Washington state but serve van lovers globally.
Ocean conservation group whose mission is to be another soldier in the fight against ocean pollution.
They are an advocacy group working to educate and provide resources for those working towards self sustainability within urban areas.
My Campus Loop
Initiative providing essential resources for navigating college life including all social, educational, and lifestyle aspects of your future university.
Organization that believes that all women deserve a sex education that is informative, unbiased and leads to safer and healthier lives.
Mental health initiative that provides resources, information, and most importantly, our weekly message for young adults.
Second Hand Sports
Online initiative that encourages disadvantaged communities to get involved in sports.
West Coast Travel
Travel initiative on the west coast that helps people find places to explore. Their goal is to help attract tourism to small towns.